Wednesday, May 30, 2018

RKB 2018 Workshops

It's been four days since the last Ramadhan Kindness Bucket workshop was held. It has been one week since the first workshop was held. And I have been holding back from writing a post until now because I needed time to put this together in words, without serving it injustice to what a rollercoaster it has been since the first time @thebambinisg and I decided to collaborate together.

As you know, nobody really knows who is the person behind Project for the Soul. I've only informed some of my dearest friends and family members. I guess the real reason that I don't share who I am is because I don't need negative vibes or comments from people who might hold my not-so-kind words/actions against me. I mean, I do want to be a better person, a better human being. But sometimes, as a human, I falter and lapse. I let my emotions run me, my thoughts get to me; which may in turn hurt others without me realising it. (And I am truly sorry for that. Trust me, it was not my intention.) But I am trying. Some days, I give my 110%, some 50%, others 10%. But I never stop trying. And it helps to know that you have friends and loves ones who truly believe in you. And Ain, the founder of @thebambinisg is one of them.

So one day, when she came to me about a collaboration, I was SO excited. Yet at the same time, so nervous and anxious. What could I possibly offer that I could collaborate on with her? I felt inadequate. I felt, somewhat, useless.

I thought, "That's it."
"I won't be able to find an idea."
"We can't collaborate now, can we?"

Turns out, we can.
And we did.

What's so special about this collaboration (other than the fact that it was my very FIRST) was that, around the same time that I started working with Ain, I had been told by a company that I was doing a side gig for, that my services were no longer needed. Well, they said "temporarily not needed" but we know what it really means. I was not really surprised by the decision made by said company but I was feeling a little sad nonetheless, that I had one less source of income.

That being said, I am not being paid to carry out acts of Kindness. I'm doing it all out of my own freewill and pocket money.

ANYWAY. Back to the main story - Being "temporarily not needed" just meant that I had extra time to work on my project with Ain!




This quote is so apt to what happened. I didn't realise that this was happening until... Well, I'll get to that part.

So right before we had our first Ramadhan Kindness Bucket 2018 event on 6 May, Ain had informed me that an Ustazah from Madrasah Al-Ma'arif had contacted her about us doing a session for the Primary 1 students in the school as a post-exam activity. I was floored by the reaction that this event was garnering even before it actually happened. A few days later, the Ustazah asked if we could do a session for the Primary 2 students as well. All I could remember feeling at this point of time was excited and afraid, at the same time.

"Could we really carry this out?"
"Will we be able to do it?"
"Is this really the direction we want to go?"

And wow. We had the two sessions at Madrasah Al-Ma'arif. It went well, despite the fact that Ain had fallen sick the night before the second session but she had a friend, Linda from @theresourcecampus, who was so kind to help take her place for the second session. And on the morning of the second session, Ain, who was not her 100%, still made the effort to come down. Her level of dedication to seeing something till the finish line is to be applauded. I am so in awe and so proud of her.

Our first session at Madrasah Al-Ma'arif with the Primary 2s:
Our second session at Madrasah Al-Ma'arif with the Primary 1s:
Just when we thought we could wrap up Ramadhan Kindness Bucket 2018 - Ain received a message from Ustazah Suaidah to conduct one session for Little Quran Kids. Praise be to God. One door had closed for me, and another THREE opened instead. And I saw it all happen before my eyes.

Our third and final session together at Little Qur'an Kids:

It was really quite an amazing feeling to be able to spread Kindness to the younger generation, so that one day, may they grow up to be kind adults and speak/think/act kind to others as well. It made me miss my days of being a trainer but I know that there are definitely other opportunities to look forward to in the future.

Ain and myself definitely did not foresee the events that followed our Ramadhan Kindness Bucket 2018 event to happen. We were so surprised, so honoured and so humbled by all the opportunities and the experiences that happened for us, all in the name of Kindness and Ramadhan.

From the first event we had together on 6 May, till the last, it has been a fun and extremely fulfilling journey together with Ain. Especially challenging when the three workshops that came after were held during the first week of Ramadhan. More so for Ain, than it is for me, as Ain was doing a lot of the story telling and sharing. All these events, opportunities and experiences would not have happened if it was not for this wonderful lady and God knows just how much I appreciate her and how thankful I am for having her in my life. She is my blessing from Him and I cannot express it enough.

Ain, if you are reading this - Thank you. Thank you for everything you have done. Thank you for everything you are. A million times thank you. I can never thank you enough. Thank you for being my blessing through Him. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Feeling so blessed and grateful right now. Till the next time...