Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Finally 30.

So my #30rakstomy30th has come to an end. I've finally turned the big 3-0. It has been a wonderful and fun experience doing a random act of kindness every single day, whilst counting down to my 30th birthday. So... This is the final list of 30 RAKs that I carried out:
  1. Leave a token at each claw machine
  2. Leave a big tip for the hotel room service staff
  3. Send a song or picture to someone saying that it reminded you of them
  4. Write a thank you note for the mail delivery person
  5. Practise self-kindness: Exercise for 30 minutes
  6. Leave change in a vending machine
  7. Give cookies to neighbours
  8. Paying for the next person in line for an ice-cream
  9. Text someone good morning or good night
  10. Treat someone to fresh fruit
  11. Compliment 10 different people on social media
  12. Text a positive message to a friend
  13. Bring treats for fellow colleagues
  14. Buy drinks for random strangers
  15. Give a friend or family member a hug
  16. Donate old clothes to the Salvation Army
  17. Share a motivational post on social media
  18. Write your partner a list of things you love about them
  19. Start a conversation with food sellers
  20. Treat friends to dinner
  21. Help take a group photo for others
  22. Help a disabled person with directions
  23. Give the nice waiter a big tip
  24. Ask someone about their day
  25. Donate to the tissue seller
  26. Making time for family
  27. Make someone smile/laugh
  28. Write encouraging words on post-it notes and stick them at random places
  29. Put something in the recycle bin
  30. Leave 30 motivational quotes in library books
And it has been emotionally, mentally and physically exhausting these past two weeks, even before I hit 30. You might have read my post on Facebook and Instagram:

I’d like to apologise for my lack of update. Since a few days before my 30th birthday, I’ve been on a rollercoaster of emotions. I try to keep them in check, put a lid on it and control them when I can. Some days I succeed, some days I don’t. And the days that I don’t, I regret that my loved ones were witnesses to that. And my poor dear husband faces the brunt of it; bless his huge heart for being so patient with me and he knows not to take it personally. Shortly after this emotional rollercoaster ride, my daughter falls sick. Her fever was up and down for five to six days and I was about to break down; my heart breaking a little each time her fever spiked and her energy level went way down. Our second visit to another doctor gave me renewed determination to kick this fever’s ass and thank God, she’s all better now. I can finally have a worryless night’s sleep. The past two weeks was an emotional hell of a ride for me, but I am better and (hopefully) stronger now. Thank you for your continued love and understanding. Now time for me to make the best of what’s left in 2017! ❤️💪🏻
A post shared by Project For The Soul (@projectforthesoul) on

Not sure if that's how my body was protesting against turning 30. HAHA! Plus, after I got off the emotional rollercoaster, my daughter fell sick and took a while (longer than usual) to recover. I'm glad to say that she is feeling much better now, thank you all for your well wishes, your love and support, and most importantly your understanding.

And as I've said in that post, time to make the best of what's left in 2017 and welcome 2018 with open arms.