Monday, February 10, 2020

January 2020 Challenge - Self Care

January 2020's Kindness Challenge was to write something positive about yourself everyday. I thought it was a doable challenge but boy oh boy, was I wrong. This was really a challenge - cause there are days that you are just too busy, or are just not loving yourself that much and I totally understand. I did try to do this challenge everyday - but unfortunately, I didn't. Although I did manage to think of some postive things about myself that I could share with you.

Here is one of the positive things about myself:
I like my handwriting.


I get complimented about it a lot and I used to think that nah, it’s all right. But I’m really starting to like it. Even more now that I’ve actually started writing in a journal! Yup. Old school is still the way. And I LOVE to watch videos of those whose penmanship are just so GORGEOUS.

LIKE HOW DO THEY DO IT WITH SUCH CONTROL?!

I've tried and failed to do calligraphy like this. Mainly because I don't have the patience for it. Hehe.

Another positive thing about myself:
my smallness.


I’m generally known to be short (ranging between 156 - 158cm), can’t remember. Not important anyways, hehe. 🤭 So my hands and feet are small too! iPhone 7 is the best phone ever cause I can hold it in one hand and type at the same time (I still have stretch my thumb a bit). And my shoe size makes it easy for me to buy shoes! Hehe.

One last positive thing I’d like to share about myself is:
how organised I am.

Things are in their place, and there is a place for everything, etc. I’m like Monica (from FRIENDS) but not that extreme. But being organised is what keeps me calm, allows me to do things in a faster and more efficient manner, and it definitely helps me think clearer. This is truly one part of me that makes me smile, and is a positive thing to me. Others find joy in messes, and others don’t.

Although this challenge really focus on yourself - some may use it to compare themselves to others. Please don't! Then this challenge really fails to focus on what is most important... Yourself. Focus on the good things about yourself, what you like about yourself and don't bother about what others may say. As long as it makes you happy, that's what matters.

Those who mind, don't matter.
Those who matter, won't mind.

Remember that.

Till the next post...