But that 15 September brought it all back. It was all in all an awesome evening spent getting to know other former/current teachers. Thing is - when you're working in a school, every year there will be a celebration planned by the staff committee. Once you leave system and are still teaching on your own, conducting your own lessons, etc. there is no staff committee to help commemorate and celebrate what you're doing.
But these amazing ladies decided to get together and organise this Teacher's Day Celebration for us. Ain from @thebambinisg, Linda & Erma from @theresourcecampus, Adlynn & Aishah @nxacraftsandsuch and Assikin from @nikteachkids - who were and are still teachers, came up with this wonderful event and we all had a blast.
The amazing and crazy hosts of the evening, sisters Linda and Erma, made us laugh the whole night long with their jokes and antics. The itinerary of the evening was well planned and went off without a hitch. This was also the evening that I would meet some of these ladies for the first time - many of whom still do not know the person behind @projectforthesoul.
So there was an ice-breaking activity where we introduced ourselves to another person and get to know each other. Then we went around the group and introduced that person to the entire group. I was the last to be introduced... And boy, I should have recorded their reactions when my ice-breaker partner, Cikgu Zakiah from @sarah_balkiss, revealed who I was - it was hilarious!
Everything about that evening was wonderful. The prize that each group won, and the items in goodie bag were just as wonderful.
The spread of food, drinks and desserts were also amazing. I didn't take any pictures of food unfortunately. Haha, I was too busy having fun to be honest. I am so grateful to have met this group of brilliant women, inspiring and wonderful teachers, and hopefully, friends.
They say: "Once a teacher, always a teacher." I used to think differently but I see now how it's true. If you have a passion for it, teaching will never truly leave you. It's in your blood. Even though it's been 7 years since I last taught in a class, I am now teaching my daughter with a set of resources that I managed to find online. Even though the ladies I met tonight may or may not have taught in a while, you can see that their passion lives on. They create teaching resources for children, share education tips and sessions with parents, have playdates for children so that these children can learn through play, etc.
May our passion stay strong and live on for many years to come. And may we never get sick of teaching, be it to students in the class or to our own children. Thank you, ladies, for reminding me about how it was like to be a teacher. And I really hope to get back on that path again, one day. 💖
Till the next time...