Thursday, April 12, 2018

#ProjectPostPals (Part 1)

#ProjectPostPals - something I came up with to tag all the letters that I'll be sending to the kids under the Post Pals Charity. They are a small charity in UK run by volunteers, who dedicate themselves by sending cards, letters, little gifts, support and friendship to seriously ill children and their siblings. I had actually seen it in the RAKtivists Facebook group some time back and told myself that I'll get around to doing it one day.

That day has come... and gone. I've sent out letters to FIVE children (in February); each handwritten and hand drawn by yours truly. I drew in pictures of their favourite characters, filled it with their favourite colours, etc. All based on the information that is provided on their profiles in the Post Pals website.


And I'm very happy to say that a parent of one of the children actually got back to me (via my Facebook page)! Yeay! It makes me so happy to know that they have received my letter. And the smile on her face just melted my heart.


And when I get feedback like these, it just inspires me to do more. So, for Part Two of #ProjectPostPals, I'll be sending out another set of letters to another set of children in... April! Yes, that's this month. And just like the previous batch, I really hope they will like the letter and that it reaches them in time. Remember to follow me on Instagram for more updates!

Till the next update...