This is the first thing that everyone will remember when you mention "KitKat". I've mentioned before in my Chocolates post, that I'm not a chocolate lover. But KitKat is one of the chocolates that I wouldn't mind eating because... It's not ALL chocolate. The wafer in the KitKat bar brings the chcolate taste down a notch, making it bearable for me. Full chocolate bars like Cadbury Milk Chocolate or Hershey's Chocolate Bar is a whole lot more chocolate than I can handle. Hence, if I had to choose a chocolate, I'll choose one with the most ingredients in it e.g. the one with Nuts & Raisins or the Cookies & Cream kind. 😋
BUT. I digress.
We were talking about KitKat.
I've been inspired by Mustafa, the guy who randomly gave out Hershey's chocolate bars to strangers (now that I recall, most of them are students) and I'd love to do the same in my own country. So I decided to get myself KitKat chocolate bars (and also cause I love RED), stick a #kitkatkard on them and give them out to strangers. In my Facebook post, I said that I'll place them at random places but a fellow RAKtivist mentioned that people might get suspicious (seeing as how safety and security is very important in Singapore). SO I would most like give out the chocolates instead of placing them at random places. This is one hurdle that I'll have to get over: Going up to strangers and talking to them.
I know in the past, that I've given strangers Compliment Cards. Well, I had help from my niece and nephew half of the time so that I didn't have to do it myself. Plus, when adults see kids giving them these cards, they feel warm and good (and not at all weird). Then the other half of the time, when I do give them the cards myself, I'll run away the moment the card is in their hands. HAHA! Maybe I'm over-thinking this. Maybe I should strengthen my faith in humanity (that they'll don't think I'm such weirdo trying to harm them) and up my confidence. As they say, "Fear of the thing is worse than the thing itself." So I have to just get over the fear and do it. *exhales*💪
And again; I digress!
Right now, as of 13 October 2017, I've created these notes and pasted them on cards, and they are just waiting to be pasted onto the KitKat bars. Once that's done, all I have to do is set a date to start giving them out. Although, I'll most probably be giving them out in batches, rather than all of them in one day. I had only bought 10+ KitKat bars but I think approaching 10+ strangers in one day will just unnerve me. But we'll see. When you're pushed to the edge, you might just end up doing things that amazes yourself.
SO. I'll most probably update my progress on the #kitkatkards on Facebook and Instagram. Be sure to 'Like' my Facebook page or follow me on Instagram! (I don't spam and you won't regret it! 😉)
Also. Whilst I was thinking about the #kitkatkards, I remembered that Deepavali is just around the corner! Deepavali in Singapore will fall on 18 October, Wednesday. And I had another idea to do something for Deepavali as well. To join in and make the day merrier for our fellow Hindu friends who are celebrating the festival of lights. Stay tuned for more updates on this!
Till then, I hope you have a Fantastic Friday!