Friday, July 22, 2016

Motivation.


I started posting out these motivational quotes last night; it was a very exciting feeling. Much more exciting than when I was putting out those TGIF notes that I did last weekend. I will be posting them at the most random of places. I started out with 15 quotes initially, then I did another 10, cause I was feeling motivated whilst doing the motivational quotes. Heh!

Especially the one that I posted on Instagram that says:
Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does. - William James
This quote speaks to me. Cause sometimes I feel like what I'm doing is a little pointless, and I feel unmotivated, that it doesn't have any impact, that it doesn't make any difference. But this quote just tells me it does. And even if it doesn't, don't matter. Act as if it does. Cause eventually, it will. And as much as I would say that I am not in this for the followers, or the likes, or the comments (although, who am I trying to kid, that's just built in our system - seeking validation), it does help a little in boosting my drive to do what I am doing now. It's some form of encouragement for me as well. And I appreciate every follow, every like, every comment. I really do.

Moving on; I mentioned in my Instagram post on 18 July that I have another kindness idea brewing. I actually really excited about this one. After I have completed my Compliment Cards, I will do a version for friends. What this means is that I will do a set of 5 Compliment Cards, put it in an envelope, put these envelopes at high traffic places e.g. tables at fast food places or food courts, etc. Whoever is "brave" enough to take them, opens them and sees the 5 Compliment Cards inside which they can give to their friends. So the compliments inside will be the friendship-related kind, so it makes it easier to give to friends and for their friends to give it to their other friends (or not! Haha!). Now, I am not sure how many of these I should do cause it is a Fly or Die kind of situation. It might take off, or people will just ignore these envelopes and it will forever be on those tables until someone decides to bin it. Sobs. Haha. But it is still worth the try.

So, there you go! So much to do, so excited to do them all. Yet nervous at the same time. Cause I am moving out of my comfort zone. On that note, I will end the post with this quote:

Move out of your comfort zone. You can only grow if you are willing to feel awkward and uncomfortable when you try something new. - Brian Tracy