So... I managed to send some out last week. Instead of my usual 5, I upped the number (a little) and sent out 8 this time round! I had a lot of fun making the origamis that I know (and hope) that will make the kids smile. As I was going to mail it out in an envelope, I had to make sure that the origamis were flat. They couldn't have volume or they'd be squished in the mailbox. I really had to scratch my head to think of what design I could make for them that they might like, cause how was I to make a robot/lego origami without getting it flattened right?
When I finally got around to making it, had a lot of fun folding the origami papers and seeing the outcome of the designs. One of the recipients that I'd like to highlight is Rida. She has a sister, Amina, who is also a Post Pal. I had sent out a mail for her last year with two origami hearts for each of them. This year, I included three origami flowers in Rida's letter. Two of which are for her (purple and pink cause that's her favourite colour) and one in blue, which is Amina's favourite colour. I hope they all receive their letters well.
I realise that writing these letters, drawing the pictures or folding the origamis really makes me happy. It's like a form of meditation/zen for me and it also makes me happy that I'm doing something that could cheer someone up. It's really a win-win thing. And I hope that I can continue doing this for years to come.
Till the next update...
